Monday, November 3, 2008

Another GREAT Food Find - Pyramid Egyptian Restaurant

Pyramid Egyptian Restaurant serves Mediterranean, Greek and Egyptian food. The quality of food is wonderful, the prices are reasonable and the owners are warm and sweet. They offer food options that are on the healthier side. They also try to appeal to vegetarians as well as the meat eaters. You have to try their Tabouli from the salad bar. The "Kofta" is to die for as is the Macaroni Béchamel. They serve yellow rice, which is fantastic. They have more than 20 items of home-made style delicious food. I strongly recommend their Baklava for dessert with an order of their minted tea.
You can call in advance and order "Falafel" as an appetizer. They serve them with fresh pita bread (which they make themselves) and Tehini salad. While you have them on the phone you may also request the "Moulokhia" an Egyptian soup that tastes like heaven and must also be requested in advance.
On Saturday they have a Belly-dancing show.
You will consider yourself lucky to find this place.

If you are starting from the beach, you will take 76 east to Douglas Dr. Turn left on Douglas Dr. It is only 10 minutes from the beach.

2 comments:

Vacation Mamma said...

Thank you for the great suggestion. We haven't had authentic tahini since leaving the northern MA area where there are some Lebanese restaurants. I'm making this my next outing with my mom from NH.

Anonymous said...

This place is beyond awesome! I just went there for the first time last weekend when I was visiting family in the area. Mousaka, the most amazing pureed lentil soup, hummus, the freshest pita bread ever, yogurt dip, fantastic meat on skewers ... I want some now. If I lived in Oceanside, I'd be going to this place all the time. The family that runs this place couldn't be any more gracious. Lovely people. I normally stay away from buffets because the food is usually gross -- I will now make an exception for Pyramids. All fresh ... very homemade. If you are within a 30 minute drive of this place, you gotta check it out. The prices are amazingly reasonable too. Don't be swayed by the funky interior -- this place rocks!